This fabulous recipe has been doing the rounds with the PBL team and we love it as it uses bergamot — a citrus fruit that looks like an orange but has the brilliant green colouring of a lime.
It has a tart citrus taste, slightly reminiscent of a grapefruit and did you know it has the highest percentage content of Vitamin C from over 40 species of citrus fruit!
- 300 grams cream (35% fat)
- 2 grams pectin
- 35 grams sugar (fine)
- 60 grams egg yolks (about 3 eggs)
- 2 drops orange extract (bergamot)
Directions, 5 easy steps
- Boil the cream in a saucepan.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and the pectin. Pour in the milk, and bring to a boil, stirring briskly with a
whisk. Siphon into a bowl, and add the egg yolks. Mix.
- Pour into cream brulee plates.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and caramelize with a torch.
Recipe thanks to Yummly